The template is done. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with it. There is however, a problem with MediaWiki:Common.css, it doesn't exist. That's why this navbox template doesn't look like it would if you were looking at a navbox template on Wikipedia or other such sites. In order to fix this, someone in the administrator or bureaucrat user groups would have to add the css code. Either that, or put me in the administrative user group and I will do it. You may take a look at my contributions & profile on Sasukepedia to verify the validity of my statements.
- -- Anshinritsumai 04:25, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- What do you want pasted in MediaWiki:Common.css? A copy of Wikipedia's? Appreciate the work you've done on the templates! I was only able to make some basic ones. --James 18:26, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- A direct copy of Wikipedia's would work quite well since this wiki doesn't use a custom theme. You will also need to copy MediaWiki:Common.js as well. If you're ok with it, I can create some templates for you, such as tracuer profile infoboxes, team infoboxes, more navboxes, etc. Thanks. -- Anshinritsumai 21:43, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- Done - sorry for the delay. Is everything displaying correctly? The reason I didn't originally try to create infoboxes for traceurs is that most of the people on here aren't exactly "celebrities", so there's very little of their personal information available online, and they probably prefer it that way. I couldn't think of many common fields that could be included in an infobox, so figured they'd probably end up looking pretty sparse (I did make Template:Infobox YouTube though). Same with team infoboxes - as a lot of teams are quite informaal, then unless they have a good website there's not much standardised info you can collect about them. What sort of fields were you thinking of including for them? The team navboxes on the other hand definitely seem useful, and I like how minimal the code needed to apply it is :) --James 01:11, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- No prob, and thanks, it's working perfectly. I'm sure you can see the results for yourself ^^; Thankfully, navboxes are very simple to create, and pretty much any editor you have here can make one very simply, it's just a matter of organizing the information both in the navbox template itself, as well as the name of the template. Great job on the youtube infobox by the way. When it comes to templates of any kind, you really can't think about what you currently have, you have to think about what you can eventually have. With that in mind, you may not have much information on some tracuers just yet, but as you work more on the wiki and fill it up with as much information as possible, eventually you will have what you need and you won't regret not having the template support the fields regardless of whether or not you have used them in the past. I'll draft up some templates and we can go back and forth on them before they're officially adopted for use. -- Anshinritsumai 04:44, 23 February 2011 (UTC)