Australian Parkour Association
The Australian Parkour Association Inc. (APA) was formed in 2006 by some of the most experienced and dedicated Parkour practitioners in Australia in order to develop Parkour as a discipline and to foster its growth in Australia. It is a nationally recognised organisation capable of operating anywhere within Australia.
The organisation was formed out of the need for liability cover for those who organise training sessions and a body with nationwide representation to guide and develop Parkour in Australia.
The association was formed, and is run by active Parkour practitioners. For these people the Parkour and the people who wish to learn it come first. The association is there for the benefit of others, the people who created it aim to keep it that way.
This statement of purpose dictates the way the Australian Parkour Association conducts itself and outlines what the goals of the association are:
- To primarily act as the pre-eminent organization for the development of Parkour in Australia.
- To provide services and resources to facilitate the learning of and participation in Parkour.
- To provide the opportunity for individuals to learn about and participate in Parkour.
- To provide a 'safe' learning environment for all participants.
- To uphold the ethics of Parkour within the association and to transmit these ethics to all practitioners.
- To represent both Parkour in Australia and its practitioners in a positive light, within and outside of Australia.
- To act as a representative for Australian Parkour practitioners internationally and to provide a link between the global Parkour community and association members.
- To promote the accurate transmission and portrayal of Parkour in Australia.
- To provide a national forum for the exchange of ideas, information and resources between association.